Arrival by car
Please note: due to continuously changing construction sites in Karlsruhe we unfortunately cannot give you definite directions to ZML. Changes and road blocks can occur daily. Please inform yourself in time about current construction sites.
The car parks close to ZML are usually accessible. Alternative routes for cars and cyclists are signposted.
||Coming from Stuttgart/Basel/Frankfurt
- Leave the motorway at the KA-Mitte exit, directly before the motorway junction Karlsruhe (if you are coming from Frankfurt) or directly after it (if you are coming from Basel or Stuttgart).
- Then drive further on the B 10 (A 65) towards Landau/Ludwigshafen. Take the Stadtmitte/Hauptbahnhof exit and drive on the Ettlinger Straße, which leads to Karl-Friedrich-Straße and the Marktplatz.
- Karl-Friedrich-Str. 17 is located on the right side of the street and is a building between the regional council and a police building.
|Coming from Landau (north west of Karlsruhe)
- Exit the motorway at the Stadtmitte/Hauptbahnhof exit and continue straight onto Ettlinger Straße, which leads to Karl-Friedrich-Straße (see above).
There is no parking space in front of the building, but there are public (multi-story) car parks close to the ZML, which are accessible:
Arrival by train
||Central Station Karlsruhe
- There are various ways to get to us by bus or tram from Central Train Station (“Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof”). You can use the trams S1, S11 (direction Hochstetten/Neureut) or tram 4 (direction Waldstadt/Jägerhaus). The nearest stop is “Marktplatz”.
- You can walk to the Karl-Friedrich-Straße 17 by crossing Hebelstraße.
- Karl-Friedrich-Str. 17 is then located on the left side of the street and is a building between the regional board and the police building.More information and the exact times of departure are available on the website of the Karlsruher Verkehrsverbund.
Arrival via airport Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden (Baden Airpark)
- The buses available at Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden Airport will take you to the train stations of Rastatt or Baden-Baden where you will find trains leaving for Karlsruhe. The Baden-Airpark-Express line will take you to Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof.
- There are various ways to get to us by bus or tram. The exact times of departure are available on the website of the Karlsruher Verkehrsverbund. The nearest stop is “Marktplatz” (see above).
- If you are coming from the airport by car, you can use the car parks close to the ZML or on the south campus of the KIT (see above).
- Check the website of Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden Airport for flight connections.
ZML is located on ground level and offers a barrier-free entrance for handicapped or disabled visitors.
Please note that events can take place in the basement or on the 1st or 2nd floor. In order to arrange the key for using the elevator, please contact our office early (phone: +49 721 608-48200)!
Click to enlargen map