The Federal Government's "Education Chains" initiative aims to support young people in their transition from school to working life. Within this framework, the Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts (MWK) initiated the project on vocational and study orientation at upper secondary level (BESTOR).
In five sub-projects the project partners are developing the following measures:
- Online learning platform for vocational and study orientation for teachers of secondary level II: "BO-SEK II" (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology)
- University internship "Student for one day" (University of Hohenheim)
- Short films on different fields of study (aha! Film)
- Information platform BW2 with sample tasks for undergraduate courses at universities in Baden-Württemberg (University of Tübingen)
- Module catalogue "BEST II": Methods case for teachers (University of Freiburg)
The measures associated with the project are to be applied in general secondary schools from the 2020/2021 school year onwards.
Subproject "BO-SEK II" at the ZML of KIT
What is BO-SEK II? BO-SEK II is developed by BESTOR on behalf of the MWK. It is an online learning platform for vocational and study orientation at secondary level II.
Who is the target group? The offer is aimed at teachers at secondary level II who are (newly) responsible for the field of vocational and study orientation.
What is the objective? The teachers receive background knowledge, working materials and further information on the respective topics as well as examples of implementation - all in one place. The development was carried out in close cooperation with subject specialists and the working group Gymnasium-Wirtschaft-Hochschule (AK-GWH) and is based on the guidelines for vocational and study orientation in the course level.
What does the course structure look like? The contents of the learning platform are divided into 9 subject modules with a uniform structure, which are processed according to requirements, flexibly in terms of time and independently of each other.
The project results of the "BESTOR" project will be made available at www.studieren-in-bw.de after completion.