Organization of the allocation of seats
Students should not come to campus unnecessarily for a course and then be faced with an already full lecture hall or seminar room. You can also allocate present seats online in advance. In this way, you establish an important planning capability for the students, because they have to coordinate this for themselves in a practicable way, even across several courses.
With ILIAS you can easily either divide students into cohorts, to which different attendance times are then assigned, or implement a booking system for the available places and individual attendance dates.
Division into cohorts with ILIAS
The ILIAS object "Groups" can be used to divide students into cohorts. Either you assign all students to a group yourself or you allow the selection of a group by the students. You can restrict that only one group per student can be selected. The respective dates or special documents can then be provided in the individual groups.
- Suitable if you want to work with fixed groups in the presence appointments (possibly also during the work phases), or if you want to ensure that every student gets the chance to attend the same number of presence appointments.
- Group areas in ILIAS can also be used for further group work and supervision.
- For on-site control, the list of group members can be exported.
Individual allocation of seats for meetings with ILIAS
The ILIAS object "Sessions" allows a booking of limited available places for single appointments. Thereby a registration and deregistration with a waiting list for latecomers can be realized. The allocation is done according to the order of booking. Therefore, not all appointments should be released for booking at once in order to achieve a fairer distribution.
- Number of places per appointment can be determined
- "Free" registration or with confirmation by instructors
- Waiting lists with/without moving up possible
- Teachers can export the list of registrations
Individual allocation of seats for sessions with the WiWi-Portal
Using the WiWi-Portal you can allocate the booking of limited available places per attendance date, either via a first come, first served or via a lottery process.
This video gives step-by-step instructions on how to allocate places via the WiWi-Portal.
For more information, the WiWi-Portal.